Musical instruments- Part 5, Horn

    Hi, everyone! Long time no see. Thank you for revisiting my blog! Today I will introduce the most extended instrument, Horn. As you can see, the Horn is an instrument that looks like a snail. It is the most extended instrument since the pipe's length is about 180cm~360cm. Isn't it surprising? There are two types of Horn. One is separable with bell and body, and the other one is inseparable.

    The Horn is the brass instrument played with a mouthpiece. The shocking truth is that Horn's mouthpiece is the smallest in the brass instrument. Since its pipe is so long and the size of the mouthpiece, the Horn is tough to make a sound. 

    Basically, the Horn's pitches are very large. So that people can hear various style of music played by the Horn. The notes of the Horn is decided by which valves are opened or closed. Usually it make very warm and calm sound.


    I'd like to share my favorite Concerto played by the Horn. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Horn Concerto Mozart E-flat major

    This Concerto is my favorite piece for Horn. As you can listen, the sound of Horn is very soft and strong. If you are interested to its sound, I recommend you to find for other ensemble. You will love it

    Thank you for reading my post! See you!


댓글