Musical instruments- Part 3, Marimba

 Hello, everyone. It is good to see you on my blog again! I've introduced two brass wind instruments in the last two blogs. Today, I would like to introduce the Marimba, a percussion instrument. Many people know it as the instrument from Under the Sea, the OST of the movie The Little Mermaid. The Marimba makes around dreamy sound. This is the Under the Sea played by the Marimba.





Under the Sea played by the Marimba.

This instrument starts with a four-octave instrument, from low to high, and has a range of up to five octaves, further expanding the low range. The Marimba is a percussion instrument, so it makes a sound by hitting the keyboard with a stick named Mallet. 

The Marimba also plays slow-tempo songs. In addition, it can be played by two people on one instrument and by one person holding two or more mallets. The Marimba, which has so many different ways of playing, presents mysterious performances every time.

I will recommend you watch the video to understand the various play types.

Howl's Moving Castle, played by the Marimba.


Did you enjoy my post? I hope you guys liked it! 

See you in the next blog!

댓글